The sexual oddity lobby, pro-abortion community, teachers unions, “green” energy industry and racist anti-Semites puppet-mastering Sharice Davids in the U.S. Congress are going to have to feed her staff some new excuses as she continues to oppose the values and principles of Kansas 3rd Congressional District in the coming year – the old ones are getting pretty threadbare.
Because over and over again through the course of 2023, Davids has voted unabashedly in contrast to the traditional Midwest values of her district, repeatedly sacrificing veterans, law enforcement, family budgets, parents rights, control of private property – even infrastructure projects for towns in her own district – on the altar of abortion, green energy, abnormal sexuality and protecting failed President Joe Biden’s backside.
As she heads into her 2024 election bid, we have to wonder how long 3rd District voters will buy her lame “the dog ate my homework” excuses.
Don’t think she doesn’t know the score. The further she gets from I-435 and the protection of the JOCO/WYCO liberal bushes, the more clandestine she becomes. You don’t see Davids riding a float in the county fair or Christmas parades in Anderson, Franklin or Miami counties, or meeting the public in any other kind of unscripted event – no one gets access to the congresswoman to confront her over her politics. All we see is the after-the-fact product of her private photo-ops with city officials, airport directors or friendly industry chiefs after she parachutes in unannounced to show how much she “cares” for the us rubes in the hinterlands of her district. Here and gone in a flash – she is the quintessential Zoro of legislators.
A review of her voting record shows why she operates only under camouflage:
-she’s been unable to condemn violence against churches and pregnancy centers from Leftist domestic terrorists who share her obsessive support for the murder of the unborn;
-she couldn’t bring herself to vote for a bill establishing fines and penalties for federal employees working with Big Tech to censor Americans (you’ll be hearing more about this in the coming year);
– she voted against a national Parents Bill of Rights, establishing that parents of school kids have a right to information and access to primary and secondary schools their children attend, after school boards across the country banned and even arrested parents from public meetings where they spoke against Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Environmental/Social Governance indoctrination of their kids in those schools;
– she’s supported Joe Biden and the federal government dictating how you manage the pond on your own farm property;
– she wouldn’t vote to ban men from women’s sports, throwing decades of hard-fought accomplishments of women athletes under the bus in support of men who say they’re women;
– she couldn’t support a bill that would automatically deport any illegal alien who assaulted a police officer or emergency responder;
– she voted against a national prohibition that would stop states from banning gasoline-powered vehicles;
– she voted to support Israel-hating congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib when Republicans called them to account for their past public rhetoric attacking Jews;
– she determined your tax dollars had to pay for sex changes and abortions for military personnel, or else she couldn’t support a giant defense funding bill to keep our military strong and our nation safe;
– while Joe Biden groveled before the Saudis for more oil production after he gelded the once self-sufficient U.S. oil industry and while U.S. families forked over double the cost of gasoline from a few years ago, Davids just couldn’t bring herself to support the “Lower Energy Costs Act” to incentivize expanding U.S. energy production;
And who can forget recently, when Davids requested federal funding for water plant grants for towns in her district, then voted against actually funding them? Who can forget her dodging a vote condemning the rise of anti-Semitism, then condemning anti-Semitic student protests at Harvard, MIT and University of Pennsylvania after those college presidents were exposed nationally as Leftist hypocrites?
So far the 3rd District has seen no principal or value Davids won’t sacrifice in the interests of abortion, sexual deviance and the Leftist Agenda. As she continues to cut the knees out from under the residents of her district, we’re waiting for the same old excuses in 2024.
Dane Hicks is a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism and the United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate School at Quantico, VA. He is the author of novels "The Skinning Tree" and "A Whisper For Help." As publisher of the Anderson County Review in Garnett, KS., he is a recipient of the Kansas Press Association's Boyd Community Service Award as well as more than 60 awards for excellence in news, editorial and photography.